Your challenge is not just getting prospects into the pipeline, but getting the right prospect… right at the point when he or she is ready to buy. Here’s a seven-step program for accomplishing this:
- Step #1. Target. Clearly define and list the target market(s) for your offerings.
- Step #2. Adapt. Learn the language and lingo of your target market(s). Once you understand it and can speak it, you’ll not just be able to communicate with them, but you’ll be better able to relate to their challenges.
- Step #3. Plug Yourself In. Locate and subscribe to wire services and news services that serve each market or sub-market that you listed.
- Step #4. Research. Immerse yourself in insider news. Look for names about events that are actually buying signals and need signals.
- Step #5: Organize. Using the results of your research, create a list of decision-makers and key influencers. Be sure your list includes information about the article that seemed to signal a possible need for your offering.
- Step #6: Craft. Create a “30 second commercial” for each specific title on your call list. This “commercial” should mention the article that engendered the call and explain how you helped somebody similar to the prospect with a similar challenge.
- Step #7: Call. Contact the executives on your list and ask for some time to “visit and discuss” this. Quallify it as an issue and bring up other issues that you know probably need handling, based on the information in the article.
This targeted method works well because the “event” that triggers the call suggests a need for your offering, making more likely that decision maker or key influencer will become the entry point for a qualified opportunity.
- Prosell offers a program that combines sales training and sales coaching. It is based on recognised research, which tells us that training alone has limited impact and that when supported by skilful coaching, has 74% more chance of being implemented.
- Prosell has resources to deliver these programs across Australia, covering Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.