Consultative Selling Training
Frustrated with 'generic' consultative selling training that has little impact?
The capabilities needed by sales people to use genuine Consultative Selling skills have developed significantly in the last 7 years. No longer is it good enough to have good questioning skills to understand needs and to be able to offer real benefits.
Good consultative selling is much more about adding value by challenging the customers’ view of the world through sound analysis and genuine insight. The role has shifted because customers have less time, more options and need to see value straight away. Sales people who think consultative selling is about information gathering and good questioning are missing a critical piece of the puzzle.
Since the GFC and a flattening of the world economy, more competition means you have to differentiate early.
Beware of ‘standardised’ views of consultative selling skills training. Most of what was created in the 70’s and 80’s is outdated and has much less impact than it did.
(See our article on why so much sales training is ineffective)
Wouldn’t you prefer consultative selling training and that is proven to work in the current world economy?
Consultative selling skills training & coaching that works because it:
- Requires the entire operation to support a process of developing people in the workplace to the point where they show a change in both behaviour and results
- Only trains people on what they genuinely need to be more effective, not a 'catch all' training course
- Uses the latest research into real consultative selling - based on what customers want
- Leaves your organisation with practical tools in assessing, coaching and developing sales people
- Dramatically changes results – helps those who can perform better and isolates those who can’t, or won’t meet the standards that are essential
Prosell's service is based on workplace accreditation, not classroom attendance. The bulk of our time is spent (in conjunction with your management) on developing people in the workplace.
This development focuses on the key skills needed to succeed in the business to business market. Consultative selling training includes:
- Sales planning and campaign management
- Customer contact strategies
- Consultative selling – what makes you a trusted advisor
- The ability to educate and influence the customers view
- Identifying needs in your areas of strength
- Strongly articulating your value proposition
- Negotiating the outcome
- Managing sales to a conclusion (avoiding drift)
Prosell has resources to deliver consultative selling training across Australia, covering Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.