Corporate Sales Training Needs To Get Out Of The Classroom
Corporate sales training is only effective if it can be applied on the job - most generic courses don’t work because what they teach is NOT translatable to every unique company.
Training days are packed full of information. Managers and sales teams leave on a high. New skills are implemented for a short time, then the pressures of the work environment build up and even the best intentions start to slip.
This is where Prosell is different. Our process goes into full swing where many corporate courses end. Working with you and your team in your workplace to ensure the strategies you develop and skills you learn have a concrete impact on your sales and service – on the job, every day.
The five steps to highly effective corporate programs
- Understand what the barriers are to improved performance, both practical and cultural
- Build a supportive set of activities that develop skills, then gain commitment to shared goals and objectives
- Work with management to consistently support, develop and coach skills in the workplace (management skills = improved team skills)
- Make reporting and managing skill improvement a regular, documented and measurable business practice
- Embed best practice in the organization, through induction, evaluation and recognition strategies
Have you become wary or weary of corporate training initiatives?
Smart Chief Executives with savvy recognise that if you have good people and are getting the best out of them, then you will achieve competitive advantage and greater profitability.
However, despite this, many remain uncomfortable with traditional tools such as heavy investment in sales and management training and more recent fads, such as change programs and leadership initiatives.
This fear is understandable because so often external corporate courses and other training or change programs fail to deliver on the most crucial aspect – increasing sales.
You might recognise this - you are tired of the corporate course treadmill.
That's why Prosell works with you until you see the results you want
Our corporate program incorporates sales team, general staff and management skills. We work with every member of your team and ask the same questions. You would be amazed at how compartmentalized many businesses are. Of course, each area and individual must specialise in their skill.
How clear and compelling is your value proposition? How well can each member of your team articulate it? If they can’t, then you may have a systematic problem that is preventing real growth in performance, service and sales and negatively impacting sales effectiveness and sales efficiency.
Can your key sales and management personnel confidently answer questions such as:
- How do we know that our products and services are competitive in the market place in terms of value?
- Do we have a sales execution model and does everyone follow it?programs
- Do we know how skilful staff are in converting their share of the opportunities that come their way?
- Do we really know why our customers buy from us or from our competition?
Don't rely only on corporate sales training – create a high corporate performance culture
At times an external boost is the only way to bring about significant change. But the best outcome possible for any corporate program you invest in is to get the point where you don’t need it any more.
We know that we have done our job once a high performance culture is internalized by your management and team.
We would love to speak with you about how you can shift performance mentality in your workplace from reactive to constructive. Contact us now to get your corporate performance moving.
Prosell offers a program that combines corporate sales training and coaching. It is based on recognised research, which tells us that training alone has limited impact and that when supported by skilful coaching, has 74% more chance of being implemented.
Prosell has resources to deliver corporate programs across Australia, covering Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.