Does Your Sales Training Consistently Improve Sales Figures?
The Sales Training Challenge
Prosell specialise in applying a range of techniques which measurably improve sales performance. The primary measure of this is of course revenue and profit. All our clients measure our sales training services in this way. This measurability in achieving performance goals, revenue goals and strategic goals has made Prosell a world-wide organisation.
Most organisations face fundamental changes in their environment. This may be increased competition, changing customer requirements or changing economic conditions. All of these things have an impact on salesforce effectiveness. Organisations must be effective in all aspects of sales activity in order to remain competitive and profitable. Salespeople need today’s skills and approaches and also need to know that these things will lead to improvement in results.
Just as marketplaces and technologies have changed quite dramatically over the years, so have customer expectations. Many organisations still apply the same sales dogma in terms of skills and traditional practices with no real understanding of how these things have changed. If we recognise that customer expectations and the competitive nature of our markets have changed beyond recognition, surely we must consider that we need to change the skills and sharpness of our sales staff in order to meet these challenges. And sales training is only a small part of what is needed.
Without the right process, sales training rarely translates in to revenue improvement. For many, it is a box ticking exercise; an activity that is not measured because no one really expects any change. Developing sales skills, like developing any skill, had clear guidelines and rules.
The Skill Development Model
|You might be surprised at how often sales training has little
or no impact on sales figures. Even more surprising is that some business owners and management seem almost
resigned to this fact and don’t even look for ROI.
Training includes the techniques for dealing with budget poor, internet savvy buyers and recognises that the old skills of questioning and closing are no longer enough to compete.
Prosell’s Approach to Sales Training
Prosell’s customised sales training programs bring about measurable and lasting improvement to sales behaviour and sales results. This is achieved because;
- We set measurable goals for our program, both activity and results
- We customise through a process of skill analysis, so the focus is on the sales techniques your people need to improve in order to perform better
- We use managers to follow up the training, through reinforcement and coaching
- We measure in the post-training environment, so everyone is aware of what is changing and the impact it is having
In short, a sales performance improvement program with 30 years of proof behind it - not a quickly fading, one off sales training course.
This performance improvement has worked with small consultancies to large retailers- from insurance call centres to industrial products.
Prosell helped us manage the process of embedding ‘best practice’ into our culture, so the standards set
Andrew Mair, General Manager of Vero Insurance.
Prosell offers a workplace accreditation program – Licence to Sell™. This is a very powerful program, which supports, coaches and accredits people for showing they meet the standards expected of them – both skills and results, in the workplace.
It is a methodology that had given real bottom line increase to a range of clients. From Harrods in The UK to Suncorp in Australia, from Comcast in 16 US States to the 700 people at Dell’s sales centre in Malaysia, we have applied these principles to significantly change results. Read our case studies to see how we perform and what our customers are saying.
What can Prosell do?
What Prosell do is to put into clear steps how the miracle occurs. Our sales training programs encompass all the elements that achieve measurable workplace change:
- Training that is customised so that people improve in the key areas they need to in order to have an impact on results
- Clear goals set for post-training activity and results
- Sales management are given the tools and, if necessary, the skills to coach and develop real expertise
- Simple checks that maintain focus, through the use of a mobile.app that links salesperson, manager and trainer
Over the years, we have helped our customers achieve some impressive results, for example:-
- Significant sales revenue uplift - we have seen increases of 50%-200%
- An average order value growth of 36%
- 47% increase in customer retention
- Improvement in Net Promoter Score by 11%
- A 39% reduction in employee attrition